Grant Shapps’ biographical details
http://nepszava.com/?play=top-mobile-online-casino-uk-players top mobile online casino uk players
http://nepszava.com/?play=casino-bonus-blaster casino bonus blaster
Grant married Belinda in 1997. The couple live in Welwyn Hatfield and play an active role in the community. They have a boy named Hadley born 2001 and twins born April 2004 called Tabytha (girl) and Noa (boy). Grant holds a pilot’s licence and enjoys general aviation as a pastime.
In the 1997 General Election Grant challenged the Liberal Democrat Simon Hughes MP in his North Southwark & Bermondsey seat.
In 1999 he was selected as the candidate for the then Labour seat of Welwyn Hatfield for the 2001 General Election. He produced one of the best Conservative swings of the election, slashing the then Labour majority from 5,595 to just 1,196.
Grant was reselected for Welwyn Hatfield in 2002 and went on to win the May 2005 General Election with a majority of 5,946 taking his seat from Labour Minister Melanie Johnson. The 8.2% swing was one of the biggest nationwide.
In May 2010 he was re-elected for Welwyn Hatfield with a surprising 17,423 majority. The 11.1% swing was once again one of the largest national swings to the Conservatives in the country and easily Welwyn Hatfield’s biggest ever majority for an MP of any Party.
In May 2015 Grant was re-elected for Welwyn Hatfield with 50.4% of the vote and a new majority of 12,153.
Parliament and posts
- Grant was a member of the Public Administration Select Committee between May 2005 and spring 2007.
- In December 2005, he was appointed as a Vice Chairman of the Conservative Party, with responsibility for campaigning.
- In July 2007 Grant was promoted to Shadow Housing Minister attending Shadow Cabinet.
- After the May 2010 election Grant Shapps became Minister of State for Housing & Local Government in the Coalition Government.
- In June 2010 was made a Privy Counsellor by the Queen, meaning that he may use the title The Rt Hon before his name.
- In September 2012 Grant was appointed as Chairman of the Conservative Party and Minister without Portfolio.
- In May 2015 Grant was appointed Minister of State for International Development.